Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, March 31, 2011

When Does a Person get to be a Princess?

According to Bennett, 13 is the just the age. Tonight B pointed to a pair of pumps with bows and said "when I am a real princess, when I am 13, can I please have a pair of shoes like those?" I said yes, of course. That as soon as she turned 13, I would get them for her, for I was the Queen. She said that I would be the King when she turned 13 and that Mama (Pat) would be Queen. With all that worked out, she went to bed. About 10 minutes later, she looked at me in all earnestness and asked who would be the Plain (Plane?) Queen starting now? We settled on Aunt Ruth. And off to sleep she went.

How incredible the world is where your moms will be King and Queen and you will be a real princess - and all she has to do is wait 10 more years. And in the meantime she has her Plain Queen.

I am okay. Lots of belly pain today. Of course in a different spot than last time. Is this a good thing? A bad sign? Gas? Who knows. I just lived with it and had my day. And a good day it was. I painted the bubbles on B's walls, started in on the trim and went eye glass shopping with Aunt Ruth. It was great. Then we had pizza and I went to pick up B. She was so happy to see me. Today there was nothing better than B running toward me and yelling mom at the top of her lungs. I love being her mom.

Tomorrow snow and home. Yay. I will give you a full update when I can.

1 comment:

  1. If the "Plain Queen" theme continues past last night's story hour, I'd love to hear the follow up naration.

    As for the abdominal pains, when does Dr. B get a curiosity call about it?

    ReplyDelete