Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Life in Real Time

It goes fast. Too fast really. Every night I marvel at how my day is almost over and it's almost never long enough to do all the things I want to do. That is not the case tonight - I just want to go to bed. I feel a little hungover from the chemo. The veins on my arms and hands are all bulged out from the drugs and I have a queasy tummy, and my head hurts. Dr. B. thinks the headache might be from a temporary elevation in blood pressure, though my blood pressure when checked always remains perfect. That is lucky indeed.

I didn't do much today. I started knitting the brown complicated sweater I never finished last year. I am sure I will be done just in time for spring. I watched a movie while I knitted, returned the pump, came home and sat down. I have been in pretty much the same position ever since.

Bennett asked today when I was going to be done with my turns with the pump. And when would be know when that was. All we could say is we are working on it. She sees everything, that one. She is so engaged, there is no getting away with anything. I never even try.

1 comment:

  1. "She sees everything, that one. She is so engaged, there is no getting away with anything. I never even try." ...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete