Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Asparagus Pee and Other Good Things

Okay, no hamburger, and no chocolate malt as my sister suggested today. But I did have a big plate of roasted asparagus, leeks and peppers for dinner - along with a fine selection of cheeses and the oil and vinegar from B&J. What a feast! Fresh tomatoes, cucs and red peppers. It's like summer in our house (don't notice the huge carbon footprint, please.).

It was a fine day today. Took B to school and came right home to work on the closet and book shelf. I am happy to report the bookshelf that would not die is now done and the closet has a fine, very deep shelf installed in it. And a handy door knob. On Thursday I will paint the closest, install a rod, and declare my part done. The floor needs some work, but Pat says she will take care of it.

While I was finishing the bookshelf, I realized that I may have over done it and that I needed some time to sit, so I had an afternoon of bad TV and knitting. I left to get B early and skulked around the paint department at Home Depot. I have some ideas to make the old bedroom nicer for Bennett. Read: add some pink, lots of pink.

Then, as if the day wasn't triumph enough, we got to have root beer floats and sundaes with Sandy and Avy. I have to say that was the crowning glory. It's been months since I sat down and chatted and let B play under the restaurant table for hours. It was great fun and really made me feel like my life was getting normal again. And that is exactly what I promised myself when I was in the hospital - that if my life is going to be shorter than I might like, then it is not going to be spent in bed, for goodness sakes. My life is going to be overdoing it everyday if I have to - I cannot stop just because I have a little pain or fatigue.  Well, I can stop sometimes, and I will try to do what I want to do without really over doing it.

I came home to a lovely dinner feast made by my favorite Top Chef, Pat. And now it's time for a quiet restful evening of more knitting (I am making socks for B) and time with Pat. What more could a I ask for?

4 comments:

  1. So fun to see you guys today! Just like old times. Looking forward to Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great title!

    And a lovely post that warmed my heart and made me feel a great deal of joy for you and all the great women in your life. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are back to living a normal life. It's what all of you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are eating good food and doing good things during the day. You are living a very good life daily.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete