Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, March 14, 2011

Posting with Licorice

It's not great for my sore tooth, but it's good for my soul. I have a long history with licorice. I actually stole pennies from my mother's milk money cup to buy licorice. Sorry, mom. I also used to order licorice ice cream from Baskin Robbins when I was a kid. I just love it. So today when we went to the candy shop, I bought some and now I sit here eating it and posting. What could be better?

What a nice day I had today. Pat worked all day, and sometimes that makes me nervous on Mondays - taking care of B all day. I think it's left over from when I didn't have any energy and I would need to nap and B would be all over the place, and sometimes I would just nap anyway. It was not a great situation. Anyway, this morning B did not want to leave the house and I really wanted to go do something, anything. I asked her where would you go if you could go anywhere. She said the toy shop, A to Z. I said okay. I don't think I've ever seen her get dressed so quickly. We were out the door at 11 and off. We went to the bank, AtoZ, then we lucked out at the discount shoe place and got her the cutest red shoes. They were the only pair and I thought "there's no place like home" when I found them. I was so excited that B got excited and demanded to wear them out. I was happy to oblige as she was wearing two different colored Crocs. We had pizza, and met Sandy and Avy for ice cream. After that we went to the toy department in a snooty boutique, where B proceeded to squeeze a toy so hard all of the liquid inside of it squirted everywhere. I was mortified, so I took her to the candy shop.

And that was our day. Pat made a fantastic dinner, I feel good, I get to work on the bedroom tomorrow. It's all so good. I am so grateful to have this time. I also have flashes of not getting to do this stuff for very long. It's a weird thing to live with. I still have pain, in my lower back from the Neulasta, in my jaw from my bad tooth, I always have a slight headache and sometimes it feels like someone stole all the lube from my hip joints. Sometimes I move slow, but at least I am moving, and that is what I need to remember.

1 comment:

  1. "I was mortified, so I took her to the candy shop." ...hehe...hehe.

    I love licorice too and am trying to think of good licorice places (if any) in NYC. Meantime, keep the joints moving! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers like an oil can to the joints and lubricant to the soul. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete