Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Where's My Cookie?

In my mouth, of course.  I have been having a love affair with cookies the past month or so. All shapes and sizes. flavors, textures. They are just so good. On one of Bennett's CDs, Cookie Monster sings a song called Me Left Me Cookie at the Disco - and it is stuck in my head. The refrain is "where's my cookie? help me find my cookie, hey." What I am trying to say is cookies are everywhere.

I am on a kick to get things done. Pat and I spent the afternoon setting up the new bedroom so we can call sleep in there. We also got a lot of stuff out of the old bedroom. My god we have a lot of crap. It just built up without me paying attention. I am not even going to talk about the dust bunnies, they were that scary. I am really proud of how much we got done. Bennett now has a big girl bed - twin sized and she is excited about it. It was touch and go at first, but as soon as she saw that it had all of her stuff on it, she warmed right up.

So now I work on the new room. I will have to see how my energy goes. This week coming up is chemo week, and we all know what that means. I feel great today and have for at least the last week, so I am hopeful that this luck will continue. I also feel like it's time to just learn to push through and live as much as possible, even with a headache, even with bone pain. Now's the time. I have a lot of these sayings now-a-days. It's now or never, you get the idea.

Tonight we had a belated birthday feast at Ruth and Theo's (for Pat). Excellent nosh, wine and company. What more could you ask for?

As always, I am a little nervous about chemo. I am sure it will go just like it always has, but there is always a worry to it for me. Maybe it's just that it's the biggest reminder that I have cancer. There really isn't much else that really throws it in my face like chemo does. Even all the pills I take in the morning and night, it's just not the same as getting hooked up to an IV through a port that lives under my skin IN my body. Freaky. But that freaky stuff is saving my life and I believe kicking the tumors in my liver's butt. So no more fear, just hope and love and butt kicking for me.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know that cookie monster song, but I intend to Google it...maybe even put it on my phone as your ring.

    I love when you're in butt-kicking mode. It's not just in the things you're doing: the renovations, the meds, the fears, your liver's own little butt. But even the way you write kicks butt when your in butt-kicking mode.

    ReplyDelete