Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, March 28, 2011

Hideous Paperwork Tamed

It took hours and luckily Bennett was happy to loll around in a nest and watch the Jungle Book. Just the checkbook was a nightmare. I used to balance my checkbook at least every two days, now it gets ignored for weeks. Maybe I can find a balance. God knows. I got all the other paperwork done, including the cover letter for the questionnaire for Dr. B. It's amazing how business letter writing just comes right back after not doing it for so many years. After reading the material, I realized this questionnaire is the stopping or starting point for my whole case. If my doc doesn't think that I should be on disability, the case doesn't move forward no matter what my tests and procedures show. I am not getting twisted about it, because I mostly feel like it would be a good thing to get, but we will survive without it. We are in a very lucky position.

B and I went to Trader Joe's and bought a lot of good things. We also went to Marshal's where she insisted on getting shoes that have a sort of wedgie heel. I was praying that she would want the darling rhinestone covered sneakers, but no she does have her own taste. In this case her taste is ankle twisting. We played most of the day (when I wasn't doing paperwork) and it was fun. She is such a blast, I am grateful to have my days with her.

Tomorrow I am going to have my first facial. I am happy because I am so pale and saggy these days. It's age, it's the drugs, it's the winter, it's all those things. But it will be nice to see what a facial is like and maybe remind myself that taking care of the outside of my body is important too.

No comments:

Post a Comment