Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finally, a BLT

And not just any BLT, I am talking about fat juicy organic tomatoes, local bacon, handmade bread and lots of mayo. It was fantastic. And I will be having another one. If you are wondering, I got it from Bread Euphoria, where everyone should go at least once and awhile.

I taught my awesome class today. The work is incredible and I am so pleased to be part of it. I can't believe the class is ending is two short weeks. I am going to be sad not to have a place to go that challenges me so much - physically and mentally. And I will miss the people - they are a great bunch.

I was pretty flippin' pooped after class and after the BLT, but I couldn't fall asleep at nap time. Good thing too, because just as I was giving up trying to get to sleep, Pat and Bennett got home and I got to play with them. They are my favorite people in the whole world and I love to have them to myself. It feels rare these days, which is a good sign that I am not as isolated as I was. Anyway, a little while later Aunt Ruth came over to play with Bennett (they have a very lovely and special relationship) and I spent the entire, and I mean entire, time she was here trying to work out the plane tickets to England. All is set and we are going and I can't wait. I have not been on a plane in, are you sitting down?, 12 years. Somehow all this cancer stuff has put my fear of flying into context.

Had some dinner and now I am drinking a very small glass of port. It's a little like flossing, I am not really supposed to do it, but I do and it makes life that much better.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you guys are going to England. that is fantastic. I might make a trip out to Williamsburg, just for that BLT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good beacon - check
    good port - check
    good burger - check

    just working on my list for next weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use that Zanex to fly girl! It is awsome. I went 9 years with out flying until I discovered how well it works. And... Pat is a rock, port is good, Bennett is beautiful,and I will visit Bread U next time I'm at the Farm...thanks for reminding me how good it is. Happy Spring
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--you're going to New York and England! That's fabulous. We can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete