Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Liver Wind

Not what you think. I went to acupuncture today and told Nancy that I was feeling irritable. She mentioned that this time a time of year for something called Liver Wind. I hope I get this right. That we are all rusty at being in the spring like weather so we are agitated and irritable. I can get on that. I know that my house has been full of liver wind the past few days, and I am not a small contributor. At least now I know that it's a phenomenon that has a name, silly as it sounds, and that it won't last forever. I don't know what comes after Liver Wind. Spring?

There are a lot of rumors that it will snow 6-12 inches on Friday. I love the idea of being stuck in the house (Livery as it may be) with beautiful snow coming down, but enough already. It's time fore spring. We spent the afternoon in the park with BFF Avy and Sandy. It was a blast. Bennett peed on the grass, B& drew with chalk on the paths, Pat chased them around, it was great fun. I'll tell the truth and tell you that I have been having abdominal pain all day. I don't know what it's from at all. I assume it's something I have to get used to. It doesn't scare me, I just know my guts are still settling down from the surgery and will be for some time.

Between acupuncture and the park, I spent the day painting Bennett's room. I got the yellow done and will do the purple tomorrow. I hope I will find time this weekend to do the trim. Right now it looks like Easter in there. I hoping the accents will make it less so. I just hope she will like having her own room and that the flooring comes in soon so we can get that done and be done already.

It was a good, fine day. One that I can honestly say I lived fully. That's the best I can do. I talked the the guy who is handling my disability case. They are skipping a few steps because I have such a strong case. I am not sure if that is good or bad. I am deciding to think of it as good, but it is hard. It is hard because a strong case to the folks I think are the most cynical means that they think... what? I don't know. I just have to believe it's good and live with my decision. Those yokels don't know anything about me, they just know what they see on paper. And I have to say stage-four metastatic colon cancer looks like something you might have to rush for. But they haven't met me - I am going to blow this shit out of the water.

2 comments:

  1. Damn right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one can get at the real you on paper. I had a hard enough time capturing you on canvas! And you always busted out of your clay.

    ReplyDelete