Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Departure from Chemoland

I am back, I am happy to report. It's amazing what 24 hours will do- or should I say 12 hours of sleep and a beautiful day? I taught my last class today and the work that my students did was amazing. Real professional looking work. I am so proud of them, they all worked hard, were nice to each other, and actively encouraged each other. I am sorry it's over. I almost didn't do it, I almost said no because it seemed like it was going to be too much. It wasn't - yay! I will have a picture soon so you will be able to see what I mean.

That was pretty much my day. I came home to Aunt Ruth, hung out, had some dinner, and am now trying to stay awake so that I don't have to admit that I went to bed at 7:15. Somehow 8:15 doesn't seem as pathetic.

All is well my friends. I hope you are too.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your day was better. We don't want your class to end either and I know the students feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though your class is over, I remain jealous of your students!

    So happy to hear the chemo let go its grip. My image for the chemo and the terrible things you feel while under its grip is that it’s a big brutal warrior fighting for your life. It's just a very ugly advocate and you get pulled into the battle with it. And I wish it wasn't so hard for you.

    Your wisdom and struggle as you tell your story is so insightful to me. And by the way, as I have been facing the challenges of my new job, your "Life as a Neutral Phenomenon" post keeps coming back to me, and has helped me handle a few scary bits with a little more courage.

    Thanks Ruth!

    ReplyDelete