Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

'Mo

Yo, today was che-mo. Or key-mo. Whatever it was, it was nasty. As chemo always is. Okay, I will tell the truth, it wasn't as nasty as it usually is. Is this good or bad? I don't know. I am having my usual chemo paranoia, it's not working anymore, I am growing huge tumors in my liver and belly, I am never going to feel normal again. That last bit may be true, but the others. I don't know.

Pat was a trooper and came with me. We watched an excellent documentary on origami called Between the Folds. It was so fascinating that I didn't fall asleep when they gave me the sleepy drug. That's pretty good. I am pretty tired now. I just put Bennett to bed and she was a sleepy girl. I read her a book about a mom who gets cancer and how the child in the book feels about it. I think it's time to talk to her more about what is going on. I decided to talk to her each time before I get my pump, instead of just showing up with it. She is a smarty, I really should have started awhile ago. I just hate to use the word cancer around her. She still happily blurts things out to everyone, and I pretty sure not everyone thinks that I have cancer is good news. So I will keep on using my instincts and hope they are good and right.

That's all for tonight. I have to go to sleep. Tomorrow is acupuncture and sleeping in. I also have to get gas (so that Ruth and I can get to the scan on Thursday) and go to the bank. Super big post-chemo fun. As Mary says, chemo is frenemy. Yo.

2 comments:

  1. Yo. See ya in the am, looking forward to a road trip wit ya.
    xo
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep following your wise instincts Ruth. They always serve you in a positive way. Have a good road trip.

    ReplyDelete