Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, August 5, 2011

Nada

Niente, zip, nothing, zilch, that is what I did today. I feel about a thousand times better than yesterday  (thank you, God) but still I was under water. I slept until 11:30, woke to an empty house (Pat took B to the theater and museum, what an wonder she is), schlepped around the house like a hungover guest for a couple of hours, took a shower, read my book until I was done and now I am posting.

I ate very little today. This is the first time I have felt this queasy for this long. Pat's theory is that my body is still stressed from the trip to CA. That's probably true, as both B&P are pooped still and they are just regular non-chemo going people. She also assured me that next chemo will be better. I am glad for that prediction.

I miss the family reunion. I miss the people, really. It was fun to have something to do most of the time with people who are good and kind and funny and giving. And, even queasy as can be, I miss the food. I talked to Mary this afternoon. They were making a chocolate devil's food cake for their last night in SB. Pat offered to get me some cake from Stop and Shop, but I can tell you it would be miles different and sad to eat alone. So I vowed to make my favorite pancakes for breakfast tomorrow and cheered me up considerably.

I have to tell you about my awesome daughter. Last night when I wasn't feeling well, I was lying on the couch. She came up to me and started petting my head and then she said "Hey, Love, can I get you a book to help you feel better?" "How about I pet your head to cheer you up." She is such a great soul. I love her madly. Pat too. And so many other things and people, too many to name. And that's a very good thing to remember while feeling bad, because it reminds me that I will soon be better. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment