Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Kingdom for a Comment

I know you are out there, I know there are people reading this because I talk to those people on the phone and they say, yeah, I read that on your blog. But I haven't had any comment for what feels like weeks. I need the comments, they make me feel listened to. They make me feel good and sometimes I need that.

Okay. begging over. It was a rainy day today, we had a nice home day. The only time we left the house was to go to the computer store to find out the iPad was okay. Yay. I was so happy to see the apple reappear. So, that's a huge relief.

Tomorrow will be another rainy day and who knows what we will do. I know there is a trip to the post office in there and a visit to the farm. Other than that it will be a quiet day and hope not too plagued with thoughts about chemo. Tuesday will be number 20 by my count. I am probably off because I am not that great at keeping track of that sort of thing, but according to what I have kept track of on this blog, it's 20. I am not sure how I feel about that, but it is what it is. I should be thanking my lucky stars I have made it this far, and praying that I make it to 40 treatments. So let's all take a moment to thank and pray. I am going to. I am sure tomorrow night's post will be filled with the usual anxiety about chemo. I hate it, but like I said, it is what it is.

Until then, have a great night and let me know you are there.


4 comments:

  1. I'm having anxiety about my week, and your blog helps me to put my anxiety in perspective. While many things could happen this week, the most likely outcome will be tiredness from travel--not something I should really be worrying about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :::waving:::
    Hi Ruth -- i dont know which I like more, reading about your ambitious trips and meetups with various vanErps, or reading about jam, mushrooms, and gin. Or seeing photos of Bennett. Anyway, I'm a loyal reader rooting for you as always!
    --Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ruth! You know I am here; glad to hear myself mentioned in today's blog ("because I talk to those people on the phone and they say, yeah, I read that on your blog"--sometimes you talk to them in person!). It was great to see Bennett today, even if she does want to play multiple personalities all day; I love them all. How is she liking her new bunk bed/fort/crow's nest?
    Lots of love, hope I will talk to you on the phone tomorrow about your blog...
    xo
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth,
    The lack of comment could be due to vacation time and people being away from their computers. I check your blog almost daily when I have access. I think of you everyday, computer or no computer.
    Heh, I made an object d'arte. Yeah - it's just arts and crafts but I like it. I got a cheap led lantern and filled it with beach glass. It's pretty when I light it in the dark.
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete