Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, August 26, 2011

A Better Attempt

It's a strange night. I can hear the insects really loud and the cat is acting strange. There is a big storm coming, so everyone must be getting ready - even the bugs.

I didn't really understand the intensity of this storm until I heard they evacuated parts of lower Manhattan and closed the subway for two days. We are expecting big rain and big wind - tropical storm strength. The ironic thing is I spent most of the day basking in the beautiful weather at the club with Sandy and Avy and Bennett. It was the people around us who were talking about the storm that got me off my butt and home so I could start getting ready. I caulked under the double doors (they always leak in a rain storm), brought in the garbage cans, and took most of the fans out of the windows. Tomorrow morning I will bring in the lawn furniture and the rest of the window fans as the storm progresses.

Something strange happened to me while I was getting ready, I actually started shaking with fear. I think it's because Pat isn't here to hold me to the earth and I am not used to charging into action anymore. Bennett was a big help while I was caulking, she leaned on me to keep me warm and steady, as she said. She was in her underwear and fancy shoes. It was pretty cute. We ordered pizza for dinner and watched a movie. That normal stuff and 1/2 an Atavan really calmed me down. I can't think of the last time I took an Atavan during the day, but I don't care, my motto is anytime I want it, as much as I want. And having that in my head helps me a lot.

You might be asking yourself, was this a better lived day? The answer is a resounding yes. And I hope the same will be true tomorrow as I get more ready for the storm and possible days without electricity. If I don't post, you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment