Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back on the Saddle- Sort of

Well, today was much better than yesterday and I am hoping the same will be true tomorrow.

I did all the things I pledged in yesterday's post - I made pancakes from scratch, harvested the plums from our tiny plum tree (they are delicious), got the blueberries (15 lbs + 3lbs for Ruth and Theo), cleaned up the kitchen, changed the sheets, then I was done. I mean done. I was exhausted for the rest of the day. I spent an entire hour on Skype with my mom. It was a great way to spent my nap time. I was actually lying down while Skyping. It was very relaxing.

We, I should say Bennett and I, ordered pizza for dinner and had a picnic on the bed with Pat who ate a much more healthy choice. One of the weird things that happens to me is the steroids make me starving for a few days after chemo. And if I don't eat I get queasy. And I don't want to eat when I have the trots, so it's just hard to know what to do. Anyway, I ate plenty of pizza and now and considering a nice glass of milk.

It's pretty hot here - really it's the humidity that makes it so stinky, but we are expecting storms overnight. I am hoping for a little cool off so that I can make blueberry rhubarb jam tomorrow first thing. Then we are going to the club and the farm. If it's raining, who knows what we will do. Whatever it is, it will be a delight.

BTW, I tried to say I love you to everyone I saw today. I forgot my friend Ruth. I'll get her next time I see her. Until then, I love all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment