Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chemo-arrhea

Yep, today was the first day that I go hit with the terrible chemo trots that everyone always talks about. It was pretty awful. It only lasted a couple of hours, which in the scheme of things is not bad, but it was bad. I am so so so grateful that I feel better already and that I have gone to chemo for a year and this is the first time this has happened.

Other than that, I had an okay day. I went to Worcester to return my pump. Had a very nice conversation with my mom on the way home. She is my Thursday after pump drop off phone date. It's a nice marker that soon I will feel better and that the mechanical side of chemo is over.

Pat took B to the club so I had the whole afternoon to lie on the couch and moan and run to the pot in private. I suppose it's not to private once I post on the blog, but I like to keep you all informed. Other news: I have a scan on Sept. 1. I will not get the results until Sept. 13. I can call earlier if I want the results earlier, but I am pretty sure they are just going to be the same as usual. Gulp. It's not like they can tell me again that I have cancer. They've already given me that shocking news.

Zeus has a new love. Marsha. Marsha is a great neighbor whose wonderful doggy died a couple of weeks ago. Sammy looked just like Zeus only older and maybe a little chubbier. Zeus has always loved Marsha (she carries lots of treats), so when she proposed to Ruth (while we were in CA) to take Z for a walk to help her heart feel better, the bond was made. Z will be going to their summer house in CT this weekend. They can't have him, but we can share him. Anything to help Marsha. I forgot to mention M has been a hospice nurse for 25 years and is like an angel. She believes in supporting local artists, has really interesting things to say about death and is just about the most comforting person around. Anyway, Zeus will have a good time at the beach and we will get a little break from having to make sure he gets his walk.

Not much else to report. I am going to bed early. Tomorrow is wide-open. I am going to pick up 10 lbs of local frozen blueberries and put them in our freezer. That seems like a good goal. That way I can make blueberry things when I am feeling stronger - like more jam. Never enough jam.

2 comments:

  1. Uck, sorry you had to put up with the lower parts getting queasy. Will we/I see you tomorrow at the farm? So you went for the 10 lbs of blueberries only -- how did you talk Pat out of the other 10 lbs? I was hoping you would over-buy, and we could help you out. We just keep buying astronomically expensive pints. I think I will go have some right now. Watch out for Zeus getting chubby. Theo says hello. Hope I get to see you guys sooner than later.
    Keep posting those reunion photos. You guys look great.
    Lots of love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a neighbor who wants to take Zeus for walks and on vacation! She's worth her weight in gold AND she's an earthly angel too. Great stuff.All is well at SF. Tell Pat we are ordering lots of rolls of plastic to shrink wrap the place. Can't wait to have Pat here for a week! I'll email a baby pic.

    ReplyDelete