Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Posting with Rain

Yep, it's raining, but barely. I am not sure what will happen while we sleep tonight, but it's not been the storm everyone said it would be. Perhaps I am premature, we shall see.


We are lucky to have Uncle Dave visiting us tonight. Here we are, after a nice dinner. And Dave is doing the dishes! He can come back anytime. We are all pooped, all for different reasons - Pat is done teaching, I am pooped always, Dave took a red-eye, Bennett has been playing all day. Aunt Ruth came over, so it was an extra great day with Uncles and Aunts and Moms. 

I think I am tired because of all of the anticipation. I didn't feel like we could leave the house this morning, because of the storm. And I hate to use quotes, but I feel like putting storm in quotes. I finally figured out that I was just a prisoner of my mind and took Bennett to the park and out for a donut. It was very quiet - I imagine that everyone was in their houses with the same worry and anticipation. Who really knows.

So that's what's been up. I am good. Happy Pat is back from teaching, glad Dave is here for a visit and grateful to Ruth for helping with B today. I do have the specter of chemo in my mind - Tuesday as usual.  will try my best not to think about. I feel a little worried because Pat is teaching next weekend  and that is chemo Sat. Not the best day for me. I am going to try to arrange for as much help as I can. That should do the trick.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry we didn't manage to get back to you about a playdate. I was running around getting ready for the storm, doing a bit of work, and had to head to the mall to the Verizon store.

    Hope to see you guys when the weather calms down.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture of two of my favorite smiling people! love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am around if you need anything in the upcoming weeks.
    Miss you bunches and a big hug to Bennett

    Jen and Liz

    ReplyDelete