Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Post Potter Depression

We went to see HP today. There were a total of four people in the theatre, it was great. I thought the movie was good, but I have read the book so many times that it was easy for me to fill in the blanks. Let's just say it's not a movie for the uninitiated. I cried for about an hour. Luckily Mary told me to bring tissue, because I needed it. After we picked up B from school and went to the club for a swim, I felt a strange ennui set in. I had to go lie down. When I realized that I was sad that the whole Harry Potter thing is over. The last book is long out, I just saw the last movie. It's the end of something, something good. What's next? I'll just have to wait with everyone else to find out.

After my 10 minute bout with post-HP-depression, I made a delicious creamed mushroom dinner and we had a feast. I am stuffed to the gills, as my mom would say. Pat is making art in her studio, Bennett is playing with Aunt Ruth. A very good day indeed.

I want to end with this good picture from the family reunion. It's of me, TC, and Bennett at the Santa Barbara Zoo. TC is my friend that I have known since we were born. We used to run around bare footed, getting into mischief all day. I cried when I saw her, because I love her and she is someone who goes deep into my bones. So, here's to good friends and lots of love.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think HP will ever end. Even if she doesn't write any more books, I love re-reading them. Besides, Anna is going to remake the movies when she's a film director and not leave so much stuff out.

    It was wonderful to see TC. Nedson Court and childhood seem so long ago, it's like thinking about another planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie,
    Wow- I consider it an honor to be posted in your blogs. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing you and the privelage of meeting your family (old AND new!)I hope this comment goes through-remember, I am not good with computers and although I have tried, it seems my comments don't go through.I think of you everyday and always wish you the best in health and happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PS- the bathroom is really cute! I would have done glass doors too! let's more light in-who needs privacy?. There is no door on our shower area. We simply listen for the water and respect the space. :) Love,
    T.C.

    ReplyDelete