Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Well, It's Not Good

I was so hoping to be able to post something that would be good. But I can't. I have a new tumor in my abdomen and more tumors in my liver and some small nodules in my lungs that are growing. The drugs stopped working, so we are on to new drugs. That's what it is. We will do this new series of dugs for 4 courses and than a new scan to make sure they are working.

I am going to have my first course of the new dugs today. The worst side effect is numbness in the finger tips. I am hoping to avoid that.

That's all the news I have for you. I wish is was better. Boy, do I wish it was better.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Ruth and Pat, My heart just sank. I am so, so sorry to hear this. But please keep HOPE alive that this new round of drugs will be the right mix for the type of cancer that you have. Sending a big hug to you and Pat right now. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys today. I am here if you need me.

    Love-Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, all I can say is I'm sorry and sad this isn't the news you and Pat and all the rest of us wanted to hear for you. Now we will all focus our positive energy on the success of this new drug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that the news isn't better. Dr B has some powerful weapons in his arsenal and we're all full of hope that they will work.

    Love you lots and lots and will call when I get home.

    Mxx

    ReplyDelete