Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, September 19, 2011

Just Like Old Times

Even though the old times were two weeks ago. Pat taught today and I had B all to myself, all day. I was nervous because I've had a headache for a week, and my energy is not what is has been. Anyway, we had a great day. A terrific day. A gift from God day.

The weather was perfect - sunny and a little cool. We didn't get to sleep in because the dogs across the street that bark incessantly started at 7 am. That's okay, Pat had to get up anyway, and B and I had to start our day. We hung out until swimming lessons. A great surprise - Avy was in lessons too. Yay. B was awesome to watch - I hadn't been to the Y in over a year. After lessons we all went to a cafe and hung around until it was time for Avy to go to school. I asked B what she wanted to do next, A to Z (our fav toy store). We stayed there for a long time and ended up getting these little dolls called Critters, dressed up for Halloween. Bennett looked at the one with the dog/devil costume on it and asked why it had an arrow coming out of its butt.

We came home and stayed in for about an hour and i got to talk to Bob, Rev Barbara and Mary all in that time, then called Sandy and Avy and asked them if they wanted to get cake with us. We all met at Friendly's, had cake and ice cream and then went to the park.

Okay, I am beat, Bennett was beat when we got home. She said that she needed to skip her bath and go right to bed. So we did, 25 seconds later she was asleep. All in all a very good day. Even if I do say so myself.

Of course I am completely pooped, the house is a disaster and I didn't keep to my not too much sugar quest. But that's okay. I can't argue with feeling, spending time with good friends and hanging out with my lovely, funny daughter. I crossing my fingers for another great day tomorrow.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just catching up on the last few days of your blog and am so glad you are working your way through this hard stuff. You are grand!

    ReplyDelete