Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hyper-Momo

In the middle of the night Bennett developed a fever and spent what felt like three hours moaning and tossing and turning. I gave her medicine and told her to stop moaning, close her eyes and go to sleep. It was like trying to go to bed with an very old moaning little person.

Poor Pat, she had to work today. After two hours of the moaning she finally decided to sleep in the other room. Smart. Bennett and I slept in until 10. And we spent the morning hanging around in bed. At about 12:30, we got up and started up the TV. We cuddled up and watched WIlly Wonka, Lion King, Little Bear. Basically enough TV to qualify me as a terrible parent. I kept giving her medicine and food and things to drink. (I originally wrote "drinks" but that sounded a little suspicious.) And she just kept having a fever. She just fell asleep at 6, so I am hoping the long night's sleep will be healing. Poor bunny.

I have not been tired all day. I have been like super hyper mother bear. I just ordered a pizza for dinner, than ought to calm me down. Or make me gassy. Or both. It rained most of the day, so staying in wasn't too bad. Actually the rain was calming and mad it easy to just find a snuggle spot and stay put.

What will I do now that she is asleep. I await my pizza. I will do some knitting while watching something on computer TV. I will take it easy and thank God that I did not get this virus. I forgot to call the dentist. I did two out of three loads of laundry (that just means I have to finish tomorrow) and cleaned up the kitchen. A mouse ran out onto the counter while I was wiping it down. Totally freaked me out. I thought they were supposed to be sneaky. Maybe this one is dumb. Not dumb enough to get caught - this time. Ha.

2 comments:

  1. Yo, Ruth! Where are ye tonight? I look forward to talking to you in the a.m. I hope Bennett is better, and you are sleeping soundly.
    xo
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth, just catching up with your blog and sorry to hear that B is ill. I hope she is better soon and you are all getting some rest.

    ReplyDelete