Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, September 4, 2011

46 + 1 Day

A day like no other, isn't that true about every day? We woke at 7, B was full of energy. She is like how I used to be B.C. I used to hop right out of bed, no lingering for me, and get to work. It didn't matter what day it was, every moment was put to good use. Now I linger a lot. I toss and turn while B is clamoring for me to get up. Sometimes she gets tired of waiting and takes herself to her underwear drawer, changes her underpants and goes and finds something to do. That usually makes me nervous enough to get up. Often she has set herself up with something on Netflix or doing puzzles on the iPaddy. Next she'll be making toast.

So we were up and we hung out on the couch for a long time, just doing this and that. B found a new game on the iPad which rivals Cat Physics in excitement. I can feel her body tense every time she waits to see if the bunny is going to make it into the cottage (which is what she calls the platform where the bunny is supposed to land). She is really good at the spacial stuff, and more often than not her ideas work better than mine. She is quick to point out when I am wrong. I don't mind, because I am and there is no reason for ego when you are playing a game that involves booting the bunny over a glacier.

Intrepid Auntie Liz came through terrible traffic to pick B up to go to a birthday party. Apparently there was a pool, bounce houses and lots of friends from day care. Right now, B is in the bath playing quietly. I think this is the first time in days that she has had to entertain herself. I hope she is getting the hang of it, because it just the two of us tomorrow.

Makes me a little nervous not to have any back up, but we will get through it. It's the very last day of the pool at the club, so we will go to the club and hang out. If I get tired there are always princess movies to watch. Yesterday B asked us to start calling her Cinderella. She wants to change her name. That and her imaginary friend, Angua, makes it all so confusing. Angua has been around now for at least a year. She is 2 sometimes and sometimes 4 and sometimes a baby. She is a naughty side of B. Anytime she makes a mistakes, it's not Bennett but Angua who did it. It freaked me out for awhile, but the other day she told me to put Angua in time out. I told B that I could not see her so I didn't know how to put her in time out. She looked at me and said "momo, Angua is just pretend." Phew.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruth and happy birthday. Susie was visiting, and I was telling here our visit in Santa Barbara so she told me it is your birthday. Reading your blog,chemo is hard on you. More prayer is needed for both of my girls, chin up God is good, he loves you both and so doe I. Give my love to Bennett and Pat. Love you all Barbara Vago

    ReplyDelete