Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Forgotten Skills

Well, I have to say that today was a lot less dramatic than yesterday. I had a very long and sad night with Pat and Zeus consoling me. I should have taken an Atavan, but I didn't think of it.

I also have to say that the indignation in the comments today is very satisfying. Pat also wanted to do some hitting, and I have only one other time seen her that mad. Thanks, my peeps, I appreciate the indignation. I will get you back when I can. I saw said woman this morning and felt really neutral about the whole thing. I think she just couldn't stop herself and I can't really spend my precious and limited energy on someone so clueless.

I was also so great to hear Ruth's comment about Dr. Whalen, he did tell me that I was a long way from anything (I asked him describe how people in my situation die), and that I should go and live my life. Take my kids to Disney is what he said next. So, he didn't really know that to me going to Disney sounds worse that poking my eye with a pencil, but I got the gist.

Today I did just that. I lived a day full of life and love. I spent the day doing chores like laundry and picking up Barbie boots, took a nap with Pat and took B to and from her first day back to big girl school. She was bereft, the only kid actually screaming, but I left her there and hung out just outside the door until another parent could tell me that she was happily playing. It didn't take that long, and the teachers  told me she had a great day and made some new friends. That's music to my ears.

Tomorrow acupuncture. Yipee. I think I might be an acupuncture junkie. I could think of worse things to be addicted to. Plus, is it bad to be addicted to something that is good for you?

My last note, some people are wondering what would you eat a tomato chile jam with? Well, I have it on toast with a slice of fresh tomato. The books says it's great on eggs, I could see that. Canning books always say things like this relish is excellent on cold roast. We never have cold roast (or roast for that matter), so I don't make much relish. I suspect this jam would also be great on roast. Oh yeah, this is not a canning blog. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. When you wrote "Today I did just that" I thought you'd poked your eye with a pencil. Obviously, I was relieved to see that, instead, you'd lived your 'everyday' day to the full.

    Tomato jam on grilled cheese sandwiches would be great I bet.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete