Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, September 29, 2011

On Tumors and Diamonds



Here is the ring I got from Pat for my birthday. I always wanted a diamond ring and it only took me 9 years to convince Pat that I wasn't joking. So here it it. And it is beautiful and shiny and I love it. You won't really be able to see the detail until you see it in person, and I will be happy to show it off. 

That was the diamond part. The tumor part starts now. There isn't much to say about diamonds, really. But tumors, I could go on all day. But I won't, just a few paragraphs. I had to tell Magical Maryann today that I have tumors in my lungs. She was very gracious about it and asked me all about my breathing and such. My breathing is fine - my oxygen levels are always 99-100%. It was just hard to tell her, she has been such a great support this past year, and I guess it comes down to not wanted to disappoint her - or anyone. I only want good news, and this is not such good news. I still can't believe it myself.

Anyway, I am exhausted. I went to Worcester to drop off my pump. It is always tiring to do that. This new drug makes me really sleepy, not fatigued like the other drug. Just plain sleepy. I had a rousing conversation with my mom on the way home from Worcester as is our returning the pump tradition. My Dad died of esophageal/lung cancer five or six years ago. When my mom and I started talking about dying of cancer, she said "been there, done that." And as bizarre as it sounds, it was comforting. It reminded me that death is really just a part of life - that my mom new that phrase was a surprise. 

Bennett is still fighting some crud, Pat is a little down about the weather (it's been really rainy) and I am exhausted. The house is a mess (though it is clean because Laureen was here this week to clean), we are not eating that well because we are not motivated and I feel lousy. Really we've been sort of living off cheesy noodles, chicken and mushrooms. So here is to a good night's sleep that will refresh us all and remind me to live live live. Live with my new shiny ring.

1 comment:

  1. The ring is beautiful Ruth. Hope you are well rested and feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete