Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Feeling It

Feeling it all. I mean it. I have been so happy and so sad today that it's starting to make me a little crazy. Mostly I am happy to be home, alive, with my incredible family, eating, napping, and being. I have been sad, so sad about having to spend time in the hospital and have an operation and have cancer still.

This really is step two in a many step process and I have to be careful about thinking too much about the future. I have to stay out of God's business.  If I stay in the moment, I can feel the happiness and not the worry.

I had acupuncture today with fab Nancy. She made a house call and while I was sitting with my needles zinging, she gave Mary a treatment. Her shoulder is feeling better tonight. My belly is super itchy- I don't know what that means, but I am taking it as healing sign. I will see her again Thursday, thank goodness. Tomorrow I am going to call my other healers and see what we can arrange for the week. I also have a plan to see Harry Potter tonight in preparation of seeing HP in the theatre this week.

Pat has been an incredible rock of strength. She and Mary and probably Bennett are all coming down from the stress of travel and me being absent. Mary has been constantly by my side playing crosswords and helping with all the hard bits. Making me what I am craving - today it was a chocolate malt shake.

5 comments:

  1. Ruth,
    I am so glad Nancy helps put you right smack in the present. And, I am thrilled to hear you are going out to a movie theater this week! I'll second that notion that Pat is incredible; yes, she certainly is. I am sending all four of you over there my love and attention. Perhaps I'll see some of you(?) in the a.m. when I pick up Z for our Scott Tower endurance training.
    Love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth you and B look great and so glad you are home with your family. Thanks for the reminder to stay in the present. We all try so hard to figure out what's going to happen to us tomorrow and it's really not in our control is it.We miss P but know she is where she needs to be-taking good care of you and B. So glad Mary is there with you.I always wanted a sister and imagined if I had one she would be just like Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great Ruth, and it is really nice to see you smiling. Trooper that you are. Staying present to the moment is hard for everyone and you are so right, that when you are there, you are the happiest. It explains alot about fear and anxiety.... presupposition,lies, half truths are not worth spending much time one. Unproductive lot that they are. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great and Bennett is so happy. Don't forget that you can ask the priest or deacon to come to your house if you can't make it to their building. Hello and love to Pat. You have a great sister and friend in Mary.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you are home and healing.
    Bobbin

    ReplyDelete