Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Oh Blah

That's how I feel. Blah blah blah! Dr Bathini's office called tonight with an appointment for me. It was at night and I told them I could not go - okay maybe 4:30 is not at night, but I wouldn't get home before 8 and who would take care of Bennett? He wants me to be the last appointment because I take so much time. Well, it's not my fault they schedule appointments every 15 minutes. Really, for people with serious life-threatening illnesses. So I have to call tomorrow and schedule something, and boy I have to tell you that I feel really crappy about it. It's been nice to just be in recovery mode. Not anticipating anything in the future. And bam, there it is, without an invitation, Dr. B's secretary calling me.

It's really not that big a surprise, but it did knock me for a loop. I have been almost unnaturally calm the past week, just waiting for my appointment to get my stitches out and trying to eat as much as I can. Playing with Bennett, watching Pat work on the house, hanging with Mary doing crossword puzzles- you get the picture. I want to gain some weight, and everything tastes so good.

My appointment for staple removal was rescheduled to Thursday because of the storm. So I have no update on that today. The staples inside my belly button are still looking a little icky, so I am interested in what they have to say about them. I can only hope that they will know some trick to get them to heal the rest of the way.

I had a good day - stayed inside because of the ice storm. Walked on the treadmill, made a pair of mittens for Bennett - that took the majority of the day. I admired the paint job in the new bathroom - Pat is working hard on the new bathroom. She also ordered the flooring today. I can't wait until I can help again. I am still sore and still tired. Mary is leaving on Thursday and I am not sure exactly how that is going to be. At least Pat will not go back to work for another week or two and that will help. At that point I think I will be back in chemo and hopefully the new drugs will not knock me too out because I want to be able to live a lot more than I did on the old drugs. And really what kind of life is it when your just dragging around all the time afraid of your shadow? I am going to work really hard to plow through the fatigue (if I have any) and take Bennett to more places. Not as much time in the house is the thing I am aiming for. More life in my life - thank you very much.

1 comment:

  1. Don't let the medical profession get in the way of your healing!

    I've been enjoying your posts since your operation, of you healing your way, dealing with pain and discomfort your way, and embracing food, fresh air and family like they were great big doses of whatever you've prescribed yourself. Don't let that old 15-minutes-per-office-appointment style of medicine steal away the great healing you're doing with the other 23 hours and 45 minutes in your day. You're teaching me so much with it! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete