Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, January 31, 2011

Chemo Tomorrow

Yep, four weeks almost to the day after my surgery, I am up for chemo. I have been doing my best trying not to think about it all day. I feel great and I just hate the idea of not feeling great anymore. I have to confess that I am pretty sure I am going to feel just fine, but I feel I must worry about something. This time, thought, Dr. B told me not to take the prophylactic anti-nausea drugs, but to wait until I feel bad. This is good and bad. Last time I didn't have any nausea at all. I chalked that up to the drugs. As time passed, though, I stopped taking most of the them and the only thing that happened is I stopped being so dang tired all the time. So, I am going to take his advice and pray that I never feel bad enough to start taking the meds. One thing to remember, I take Atavan morning and night - for anxiety. It is also a powerful anti-nausea drug, I just might be covered.

I will keep you posted, as I know you know.

This morning I spent the day at the dentist. She fixed a tooth that broke over the weekend. The only thing she could do, without talking to Dr. B first, was just sort of use tooth putty that she sculpted into the shape of my tooth. She says it will last a long time and not to worry but that I need a crown at some point. Dental work and chemo do not mix well, so I will have to talk to Dr. B to see what he says. Until then, no crunching on that side of my mouth.

This afternoon, I have to say, was pretty boring. I am at the point in my recovery where I am still not really going outside because of the ice (I don't want to slip and have my guts spill out onto the pavement- this is my fear anyway). So I spent a lot of time watching more Little Pony videos. Hanging out with B is really fun, but not when she just wants to watch videos. At least not today. I do not want to sound ungrateful for my day and my time with B, I am just saying that I felt a little stir crazy.

Pat is out teaching at Hampshire tonight. Her class started tonight. I got B to bed by myself. It was fine. I am going to start teaching a stained glass class on Saturday. I am praying that I have the stamina to do it. I think it will be good for me. I taught the same class last year and had a blast.

Okay, wish me luck for tomorrow. I will tell you how it is. I am looking forward to seeing the nurses. They are all so nice

7 comments:

  1. Uuggh- sorry to hear about the broken tooth, but glad it was patched up. It is great that you are going to teach a stained glass class-- you are amazing!! Again, good luck tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you.

    Love-Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you can keep feeling good through your chemotherapy. It's been great that you've had this time of normalcy. What--Little Pony doesn't intrigue you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean Dr. B didn't mention the harmful side effects of "My Little Pony" videos?

    You've got my prayers tomorrow! Keep strong and keep healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes - my little pony and equine racial slurs. Maybe you can pop in 'The Red Shoes' for a change of pace. What about 'Finding Nemo' - it's a little more watchable. You are doing great and it was wonderful to see you, Pat and Bennett. And I can't believe I allowed you to put my face on the blog although it's good to see the 2 of us in one picture. Get some yak tracks for your shoes and keep on going. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you are their favorite patient.

    ReplyDelete