Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, January 8, 2011

I'm Still Out

Post surgery with my prayer shawl and party hat.
Not that I was planning to go anywhere, but it's still a marvel that I get to be home. I am healing and feeling. That's all I can say. I am pretty sore, still not using any pain meds. I think all of the mental prep I did before the surgery has really helped. I listened to my healing meditation recordings literally all night at the hospital- when I woke up (or was woken up), I would just turn it back on. I took Arnica, after talking to the surgeon about it. He didn't know what it was, but diligently looked it up and before the surgery told me I could "take that plant" if I wanted to. I did, so I did.

Nancy the acupuncturist, is coming tomorrow for a house call. She will give me a treatment and then while I am resting, she will give Mary a treatment for her frozen shoulder muscles. I can't wait to see her.

All and all it's been an okay day. I have been going between elation and sadness. It's exhausting. I think we are all really tired. I went back to bed today for what I thought would be an hour and Pat woke me when she checked on me 3 1/2 hours later. I will probably do the same tomorrow.

I thought I would try to get the church in the morning, but right now that seems like overdoing it. I will have to miss a week, which makes me sad. I really get a surprising amount of sustenance from going to church. I will miss it.

Tonight I got to eat pasta for the first time in a very long time. It was delicious. I am so grateful to be alive today. Even sore, even with the chemo coming up, even with everything, today is a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for the pasta! I hope it's just the beginning of a delicious and varied diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful and you're my hero. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look and sound great! How wonderful!!

    Peace,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, pasta!

    ReplyDelete