Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Raise Your Hand

if you are tired of hearing about how tired I am. Well, it's going to go on for a little while longer - that's what the doc said today. I got my staples out. Yayayayayay! I am hoping it will help with the itching. I have a kind of glue and some bandages on that will come off on their own over the next week. I got a stern talking to about taking it easier. The consequence of not taking it easy could be a hernia and surgery for that hernia with a 12 week recovery period. I heard that loud and clear. She also said that most people are still taking two naps a day. I haven't taken a nap in a while, hmmm, that may be why I am so tired every night. I noticed that the napping interfered with my night time sleep and I want my night time sleep to be good.

I also found out that anesthesia can effect my brain power for up to a month. I have been doing tons of cross word puzzles and other word games and they seem to be okay. My recall from conversations is not what is usually is. Sorry about that - you know who you are.

I am planning on be very relaxed and easy, so call, visit, write. I am available.

3 comments:

  1. No more trips to Home Depot or priming shelves for you, young lady! at least not for a while. Hope your itching subsides soon. We had fun with Bennett today and enjoyed the excitement of the fire drill at school! I found B's mittens in the car. I hope you sleep well tonight.

    Love-Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please work very very hard...to avoid a hernia and a twelve-month recovery period. Please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands down...not tired of hearing any coplaints...Just take it easy and heal. Maybe Bennett can prime and paint, kids love to paint! Would not like to hear about a hernia so...don't do that. hope your itching stops. be well, hugs and healing, Karen B

    ReplyDelete