Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, January 14, 2011

Will the Itching Ever Stop?

God, I hope so. I mean it, God make it so. It's driving me crazy. It kept me up last night and makes it hard to concentrate on anything else. I know it's good, I know it means I am healing, but man oh man it is hard to take. I talked to the acupuncturist and she told me I just have to wait. She also told me there are some people who suffer terribly from itching as a long term symptom. That's terrible.

I did not really sleep last night- if I did it was very lightly. Mary and Pat had the same problem. Must be the moon. I tried to sleep in, but just laid there and that was that. I had reflexology in my own bed, which only makes it more heavenly. I did 10 minutes on the treadmill and had a very nice visit from Sandy and Avy. Avy was really visiting Bennett, but it was so nice to see them.

I have been eating up a storm. I had Mary-made Chinese tonight, with a promise of Pad Thai for tomorrow. I must be in heaven. It's so nice to eat after such a long time. But, I have to say, it's also nice to know that I can be that restricted and make it through. That just may be the theme for today- making it through to the other side. I feel like I've made big strides in regaining my health -mental too. I think that not being able to eat and being so worried about my digestion was harder on me than I realized. I am out the other side of this surgery, and I can anticipate the day I get to pick Bennett up. She is ready too. She keeps asking if today is the day. I can have her on my lap fairly comfortably, but not for very long. She had been incredibly gentle with me- she really sees and hears everything. I love her so much, even more for her gentleness.

Not much else to say. It was a very nice mellow day. Here's to nice mellow weekend for us all.

3 comments:

  1. So nice to hear such calm in you" voice". ENJOY. If gratitude is as healing as they say, you'll be dancing a jig in no time. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to see you yesterday, Ruth. Enjoy your Pad Thai tonight!

    ReplyDelete