Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, January 21, 2011

A Lazy Lazy Day

As ordered, I sat on my butt practically all day. It was very relaxing. Bennett, like her Mom-o, did not get out her pjs. I read the second half of the last Harry Potter book and struggled to do a Tuesday NYT crossword. Mary and I could do a Tuesday puzzles in less than 15 minutes, alone I am afraid it's going to take hours.

We are all a little bereft without Mary today. Bennett asked where she was a couple times and even had quite a tantrum. I sort of know how she feels. Pat made a super dinner of roasted vegetables and chicken. A little tomato and avocado on the side and it was heaven. It's so nice to eat food. Even a little pear is like a revelation.

Not much to report. I feel better than I thought I would. I really thought I would not be this pain free and awake at this point. The doc said that recovery really takes a full 8 weeks. That seems an eternity. That is when I can pick B up, so I am sure I will be allowed to do a lot more than walk "no faster than a stroll" by then.

Avy came over the play and we had a nice visit with Sandy. It was a lovely day. Rev. Barbara called. She is a salve for me. Always so nice and easy to talk to. I hope to make it to church this weekend. Mornings are hard, but I really want to get back. I don't want to miss too much of the story. I have to say I was tempted to ask her what I've missed.

More tomorrow. I promise.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth- nice to visit with you guys again, as always, and thanks for watching Avy for a bit. I hope we didn't linger too long-- that happens so easily. I think that church always has a 10 a.m. service if that makes it easier to get there.

    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Even a little pear is like a revelation." -- I liked this.

    And funny enough, I miss Mary too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that Barbara would be willing to keep you updated on the parts of the story you are missing. Of course, I'd be happy to loan you the book, but it's so nice to have it unfold over the year. We did MLK's "I am somebody" call-and-response prayer last week. It was sort of meek at the 8:00 service, as you can imagine, but it was also very moving. I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well and staying in the wonderful moment!

    Peace,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete