Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pizza and Other Luxuries

I had a very nice day today and I have to say it was very luxurious. I feel good, very very ridiculously itchy, but good. I got to sleep in, the sun was shining in the new bedroom where I am sleeping during my recovery. It was lovely to wake up to the sounds of snow shovels and kids waiting for the bus. Tho there was one boy who was screaming a lot and thought maybe he didn't have very many friends.

Mary and I went to the flooring store. Upon arrival I realized how tired I was. It's like leaving the house, where I feel good, reminds me that I am wicked beat. I think it must be all the different stimulus. I don't know. I do know that most of the flooring out there is incredibly ugly and expensive. We settled on cream/yellow or burnt orange stripes Marmoleum. Pat will do the installation. First she needs to finish painting - she did the ceiling tonight. Tomorrow Mary and I will pick out the paint. That will be my big outing.

And today I didn't even have a nap. What?!? I know, I tried, but after acupuncture I was a little buzzy instead of super relaxed and tired like a usually am. So, I just hung out while Mary who had had a treatment too, as napping. Pat was picking up Bennett and they went to Home Depot to get some wood. Then while I was playing with Bennett, Mary made an almond crust pizza that was delicious. It has been months and months since I ate a piece of pizza. I feel so lucky.

Tonight I will watch a little TV and go to bed early. I can feel that I am fading fast. That's not such a bad thing, after all a lot of healing is happening here and I've got to sleep plenty. Love to you all.

3 comments:

  1. Pizza - one of the top solid foods! Yeah for you. I wear one of those LiveStrong bracelets which reminds me of you and how well you're doing. You are surrounded by love - hi to Pat, Bennett and Mary.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great you are getting out Ruth and very cool you are eating solid food. More healing thoughts are heading your way.....without the itch attached.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropping a note to say how much I enjoy reading your blog. Hugs and Kisses to Pat and Bennett... Love Di

    ReplyDelete