Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, February 21, 2011

What Day is It Anyway?

Is it Sunday? Is it Monday? All day, I can't remember. I took Libby to the bus station this morning. Bennett cried most of the way home - this sad "I want cousin Libby, waaaahhhh" cry. It sort of felt the same way. Our visit was great, Libby is super interesting and fun and I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a great family.

I felt great all weekend. Tired at night - ate a ton and am very interested to see what I weigh tomorrow. I have chemo tomorrow and also an appointment with Dr. B. I am going to ask him about going to NYC and traveling in general. I also have to ask him about bone pain. I am pretty sure, thanks to some research Sandy did, that missing the anti-histamine last round might have given me the bone pain. I guess it's a common preventer of bone pain and the last two times I had Neulasta, I had the anti histamine and no bone pain. Was that confusing? Anyway, I hope Dr. B. doesn't decide that I shouldn't have the Neulasta based on the bone pain. Oy, so many things to worry about.

For so busy a weekend, and not really posting any text for the past three days, I don't have much to report. Pat is at work and I am going to have some toast for dinner. I love toast. I love that I can eat toast. I am having it with this incredible butter and even more incredible honey that Bob and Jim brought two weekends ago. I just have to ask a question I have been asking a lot lately, how lucky am I?

Wish me luck with chemo tomorrow. I will be getting the new super-tumor shrinking Avastin. Here's to a new cocktail!

2 comments:

  1. I'll drink to that!!! We're sending our wishes that it's super-effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing a great report on tomorrow's chemo.

    Sorry to hear Bennett (and you vicariously) are feeling such sadness when your visitors leave. I hope we can stay longer next time, and I’m crossing every finger for a New York visitors pass from your doctor!

    How lucky would we be!?

    ReplyDelete