Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, February 11, 2011

Pain Free

Thank God. Last night was a scary nightmare with me moaning and groaning like someone giving birth. It was my ribs and they hurt so bad I couldn't breathe. I have a conundrum with all of the pain meds I have here. Vicodin has Tylenol in it so it is bad for my liver, same with Oxycodone, Dilaudid does not mix with the other drugs I take. So last night I took an extra Atavan thinking that it was relax me, and some Advil. At some point I stopped moaning and woke up around 8 the next morning. I don't remember a thing. My shoulder feels totally fine, my rib has an echo of pain when I sneeze or burp.

I have to say I was pretty scared last night. Pat too. Luckily B was asleep, because it would have been impossible for me to not moan and groan (or I wouldn't have been doing it in the first place) and if the two 45 year olds were scared, imagine what a three year old might think. So it happened, it's over and I have survived yet another scary painful thing. Lucky me.

I spent the day recovering and not doing much. I didn't get out of bed until 11:30, which is unheard of. I was actually asleep. I haven't even been awake long enough to be able to report anything except folding laundry and tidying for two of my most favorite people in the world who are coming tomorrow- Bob and Jim. I can't wait to see them. They are my brothers-in-arms.

My second stained glass class is tomorrow. I am really looking forward to seeing the designs that everyone picked. This is the fun part for me, when all the students are excited but very worried. It's great to watch people turn from shaky to confident. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. So glad the pain is under control. Sounds like you and P handled it really well. I would have freaked out!

    ReplyDelete