Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Taming the Beast

It's amazing how fast my appetite has disappeared. It's also sort of a bummer. I am hoping it is just a temporary thing and the the beast will be revived any day now.

Not a ton happened today. I spent the morning continuing my quest to get the house in order for the cleaning lady. We have a lot of crap and mostly it is everywhere. Trying to reign in all the little critters and dolls and parts for the critters and dolls takes a lot of time. And still I had to stash paper piles in the backroom (we don't have Laureen do that room, it's too much of a pain).

I took off for Worcester at 10:30, after what was a bit of a harrowing moment. I actually sat down hard on the pump and made it scream. It beeped and beeped in such a way that it freaked me out and I just turned it off. Then, of course, I had to call the company to find out how to turn it back on so I could finish the chemo. I'll try never to do that again. I got to Worcester, gave my pump in, got my shot, went to the cafe and ordered what I considered the most caloric sandwich - ham and cheese on a croissant. It was good. Came home, reveled in the clean house, went to get B from school. She wanted to play iPaddy in bed when we got home and there was no argument from me.

I am wasted. My body actually hurts. There is a core inside of me that really is sore- inside my head, neck and heart area. I don't know if it is from holding the pump for two and half days (it's like a medium-sized handbag attached by tubes that one must sleep with, take to the bathroom, you get the idea.). It could just be a drugs. Again, I am hoping this is a temporary thing.

No pithy end remarks. Just a good old good night.

3 comments:

  1. Good night, Ruth. Sleep tight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget that rest is part of the healing process. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ruth,
    You have found a way to directly and indirectly express all the wisdom you have garnered and I am so grateful for your ability to share it with us all.

    Today the sunlight (sun? What's that?) looks like Spring sunlight, even though I know we have a way to go before Spring appears. I'm looking forward to smelling mud,and we're going to have a very muddy Spring, I think.

    Tonight, nurture yourself, Bennet the wunderkind, and dear Pat.

    Love,
    Linda Kaye-Moses

    ReplyDelete