Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, February 14, 2011

Posting with Boogies and Hearts

I have a cold. Just a plain old cold. It totally sucks and I can't stop the sneezing or blowing my nose. Of course, I can't just have a cold, I have to report in to Dr. B and tell him. He gets all concerned and asks a million questions about the qualities of my boogies. I should be thanking God that I have a doc who is so fastidious, but what I want is to have a cold without fourteen things to watch out for and if they happen I have to either take antibiotics, call Dr. B of take myself to the hospital. That would be breaking my vow that I am not going back to the hospital in 2011 (if I can really really help it).

Anyway, it was a nice day - boogies or no. Happy Valentines day to us. Pat stayed home to help sick old me take care of B, so we made a day of it. We went to the toy store and Goodwill. I love the Goodwill. I have not been in months because I was too afraid of the germs. I mean really afraid to the point of not leaving the house. I got lucky and got B three books and a perfect LL Bean pink dotty shirt. It was just nice to be out on a lovely day with my family, with a hint of spring in the air. I couldn't smell it, but I could tell it was there.

Tomorrow an easy day filled with more healing and gratitude. How lucky am I to have these days of life? So so lucky.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you, Pat, and Bennett! Sorry you have a cold-- Avy has one, too. A has some Valentine's for B and we will get them to you when we see you next, or pop them in your mailbox. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...sorry to hear about the cold! Any idea where it came from?

    I like hearing that Pat stayed home with you and Bennett, though. After this weekend I have a renewed images of just how much care and wisdom you all share with each other. I can picture your time together. A very real blessing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that your white blood cells capable of flexing their muscles.

    Your visit with B&J sounded so fun (particularly the food part).

    I hope you know how inspiring your joie de vivre is to us all.

    ReplyDelete