Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, February 13, 2011

O Frabjous Day!

This is what my mom suggested I title tonight's post. I had to look up and listen to the Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky to get it. I am not sure, even after listening twice, that I do, but that's okay. I will just believe that I have had a couple of frabjous days in a row. 


Yesterday Bob and Jim arrived and we had a blast just being. Just being together and delighting is our company. It was joyous. We had a feast of Chinese from the Great Wall and we all ate too much - it was great.


This morning Bob and Jim came over and I made pancakes and bacon served with this amazing butter they brought in a mind-boggling goodie basket. We sat and talked until it was time to feast on the fancy cheeses, roasted pastachio oil, and thick as syrup vinegar they brought with pears which happened to be perfect. We had handmade marshmallows and cookies for dessert. It was too too good. More good talking, this time enhanced by the presence of Aunt Ruth and then, B&J had to leave. I felt the way Bennett acted - when they were leaving, she hid in the a bedroom crying and wanted me to promise that when she woke up Bob and Jim would be here. Oh to be three and act exactly the way you feel.


I was super sad to see them go and I have to work on the idea to go see them. I am going to keep a good eye on my white blood cell counts (and talk to Dr. B.) to see if it would be okay to go to the germiest city I can think of. And I think it would be fun to go. I feel like I haven't been anywhere (other than Worcester) in ages. Time to go a direction other than east- unless it's further east than "Woosta".


I am good, I have a weird runny nose, but feel fine. I am dedicated to getting to bed by 8:30 tonight. I am so grateful for these days. So wonderful they are. I can't express how lucky I know I am to be alive, alive this day. And tomorrow, thank God. (Top is Bob, bottom is Jim - Bennett in heaven.)




3 comments:

  1. We were sorry to go too, but squeezed back into Manhattan before the worst of the Sunday night country home and skier traffic clogged up the road ways. We loved every minute with you all and want to get back up ASAP! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for your good days, may they go on, and on, and on, and on! B looks so happy in the last couple of photos with your friend. I love her comment on the shoes you bought for her...When Katie was a little girl we could not buy shoes unless she first put them on, found a hard surface, and tested them to see if they "clopped". She would only purchace cloppy shoes. Then she grew into a teen and only wore black shoes...to go with her black clothes and black makeup. And, I don't blame Bennett for her response to the smelly old wagon. Kids have got it made in cars today. AC, videos, and hell,even seatbelts! Back in the 60's and 70's (for a while) no seat belts...do you remember that? Crazy drives with all the kids squished on top of each other in the family car...windows rolled down on a sweltering summer day...signing ( cause the radio didn't work) and if mom stopped short a few of the children would roll into the front seat. Well... assuming you came from a large family. Your car must be like an apartment to Bennett. All that space for one kid and all her stuff. Like a NY city loft! I love it! Happy Valentines Day Ruth. Sending red hearts filled with healing and pain free wished. And another filled with thoughts of you and Pat sharring a loving day. Peace,Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great weekend. Friends are so good for the soul. Your house filled with love.

    ReplyDelete