Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, February 4, 2011

Beast Eating

I have been eating like a beast. It's like I've never eaten before. It's sort of great and ridiculous at the same time. Everything tastes to good. I am so grateful for having the resources to be able to eat what I want, when I want. I have been really into fried zucchini. I can't get enough of it. Oh, that and cookies and ice cream. When I was on my last rounds of chemo I could not fathom eating ice cream- but now...

So today I went to Trader Joe's. Our fridge was pretty bare, but our freezer is packed. I thought we could go another week just eating out of the freezer, but it seemed like a good idea to get some fresh food too. I can tell you, my cart was full to the brim. I spent a fortune and ate their version of sushi for lunch in the parking lot after I shopped. It was pretty good - I haven't had sushi in months and months. We are going to have the real thing on Sunday. I will only eat the cooked kind, but I can't wait.

The stained glass class that I am teaching starts tomorrow. It's supposed to snow 4 inches. Hopefully it will be okay, I just do not like driving in the snow. I have five students - three took my class last year. It's going to be fun. Though I have to say that grocery shopping tuckered me out, so I am interested to see what three hours of teaching is going to do to me.

Pat spent the day shoveling the four feet of snow and ice (she says two feet) off of our flat roof. The back room has pretty skimpy rafters and they looked like they were bowing. We also hear an ominous pop two nights ago and thought it would be prudent to get up there. I hung out with B he entire time. We mostly played iPaddy, in the kitchen, under the covers, just about everywhere. Pat is very sore and a good egg- as always.

Not much else to report. Still tired and I am chalking that up to shopping and recovering. They did tell me the full recovery time is eight weeks. So I will be able to use that excuse for another three weeks or so. After that, I'll blame it on chemo.

1 comment:

  1. Sending good wishes for the stained glass class tomorrow. I'm jealous of your students. Bob and I love telling the story of the stained glass weekend with you that created our bathroom and bedroom doors! You're a great teacher, very kind and thoughtful, and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete