Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Today was the Day

For what? Life. That's it. It was a day that I got to live and squeeze as much as I could out of it. I have to say it wasn't much, but I did my best. I woke up feeling a lot better than yesterday, which was an excellent start. Taught my stellar class and, even though I felt woozy a few times, I had a really good time. The projects the students are making are beautiful and they are really pushing themselves in a way that I didn't expect. It's very gratifying. I am making a very small piece as a demo and, just today, realized that I would have enjoyed making something a little more complicated. So I going to make something with Sally who is teaching lampworking upstairs. A collaboration, yes, that's what's it called.

I have had a headache for days now. I got the okay to take Ibuprofen which helps a little. And since I usually write about what my body is doing (without permission from my brain), my back hurts and my eyes were a little funky and itchy all day. The new drug works by interrupting the formation of new blood vessels, so a little bleeding here and there is to be expected (like my nose, for instance). I am relishing the notion that the blood supply to the tumors in my liver is being cut off. Die you bastards, die!

Pat was her excellent self today and insisted I take the afternoon and relax. I have been sitting in the big cozy chair most of the day since. We also had a salad feast for dinner with the cheese, oil and vinegar from Bob and Jim. Super gourmet and downright delicious. I couldn't eat raw veggies for so long, even the slightly over ripe cucumber from the store tastes like it is fresh from the garden. I can't wait for summer. I can taste the watermelon now.

Bennett gave me a kiss in my hand the other night. She told me to use it when I felt a tear might come out of my eye. Then I am to take my hand and put it to my cheek and make a wish and I will feel all better. She is a master member of my healing team. I might just use that kiss right now, even though I don't feel a tear coming. What will is wish for?

2 comments:

  1. Yet another sweet Bennet story. Very sweet indeed.

    But I have a question: how slowly are you eating the cheeses we brought? You must be nibbling like mice! Those wouldn't have lasted two days in our house.

    Can't wait to see the lamp project. (It's in your genes, you know.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day, Ruth! And Bennett is such a sweetie. Hope we get to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete