Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oops

Well, we are still here in England. We were supposed to leave today. But I actually booked our flights home for January 31, instead of December 31. Luckily the airline was really nice about it and fixed us up with new tickets the next day. Same flights and everything. I love British Airways. I thought it would be much harder to find flights backs, but I guess no one travels on the first of the year.

Poor Pat. She spent all day yesterday going to the far reaches of every room to find thing Bennett has been leaving everywhere and doing laundry. Bennett basically unpacked us and tonight we have to do it all over again (though I have to say I had nothing to do with the first attempt).

I had a really good conversation with Mary. I decided a couple of things. I am not interested in Phase One trials. I will talk to the guy, but I am pretty sure I am going to pass. I know I should do it for the good of the world of science, but I just can't take the chance that I am going to be too sick to enjoy the rest of my life. I am still open to the Phase 3 - I just have to get my insurance taken care of.

I also decided that I have to see Dr B one more time to take care of the pain that I am in, and I have to get my eyes examined to help with the daily headaches. So I have a lot to do when I get back. Mostly to start taking care of the little things that are dragging me down. If I don't have a headache every day, and my belly is not hurting me everyday, than I should have more energy and be more engaged.

Home tomorrow - and this time I mean it. Our next trip will be to St Lucia in Feb. Can't wait for the helicopter ride.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ruth-

    Glad you were able to fix those airline tix, but I suppose another month in England would not be so bad. Safe travels to you, Pat, and Bennett!

    Love- Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny, about the airline tickets!

    I am praying for health and wisdom about the trials. I like the tack you are taking. I have found our sisters to by some of my wisest counselors.

    Here is a verse from the book of James chapter 1, for you:

    "If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought."

    I love you forever.
    Janna

    ReplyDelete