Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Corbridge and Beyond

Today I might be getting back onto schedule. I woke up at 11 - which is earlier than the last few days. And I finally felt rested. What a relief. Mary and I dropped Bennett, Anna and Pat off at an ice skating rink and proceeded to go shopping. We went to a super sweet town called Corbridge. We had cake and tea, looked in the shop that sold all kinds of cookware, a gallery, and generally admired the stone houses and short doors.

It was really nice, then we went to the grocery store. And now we are home and I am pooped. All the walking I've been doing is good for me and exhausting, and I hope I will keep it up when I get home.

I have an appointment with the doc who is in charge of all the Phase One trails as DF on 1/4. The stress of that appointment has been sneaking into my consciousness today. I have a real aversion to the idea of being involved in a Phase One trail. I will know so much more once I talk to the guy, I just have to put it in the realm of the future and, therefore, none of my business. I did tell Mary that I felt like I did my time and that I want to be treated with drugs that are understood and will not make me wildly sick. Pat's theory is they want for the Phase One trial because I am so healthy and have had fairly mild reactions to the other chemo drugs (you'd never know with all the belly-aching I've done).

Enough about that. I have a lovely dinner to come, I am going to put on some cozy pants and hunker down for an evening of good conversation and curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment