Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, December 16, 2011

A Smidgen of Hope

What a day. I am depleted. I talked to everyone except the person who could do anything about my insurance. There is a ray of hope because there are so many people who are fighting for me. I felt so bereft and alone yesterday, but no so much today.

That is not to say that I have been feeling like my normal self. I mostly feel like I am at the end of my tether. I have been ultra patient with Bennett, because I feel like I am on the verge of losing my temper. I spent the afternoon knitting to keep myself occupied. Pat and I went Christmas shopping today. We are very efficient and only had to go to three places.

Tomorrow we get a tree and hang around with Aunties in the afternoon. We had real live carolers at our house tonight. It was a real treat. I am going to have a bowl of granola,  watch something on TV and go to bed. Farewell to this day, lived but not savored. I will try harder tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ruth,
    Yes, let's make the Yuletide gay tomorrow. I am glad there are so many people fighting for you, and that you know about it. And if this doesn't get resolved soon, I am going to go to the attorney general and the Department of Insurance for you. You will tell me about the carolers tomorrow; I wonder if they came down our street?

    Here is to you, to Pat, and to Bennett!
    Lots of love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ruth, how sorry I am to hear about this insurance fiasco. I am with Ruth in offering to help make calls on your behalf. Or take it to the media, if all else fails. That always seems to turn things around right quick.

    Glad some carolers stopped by (!) to brighten your day. Hope to see you sometime soon.

    love-Sandy

    ReplyDelete