Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, December 2, 2011

Not Exhausted

Huh?!? Not tired, exhausted or pooped? I know, I hardly believe it myself. I had a very lovely and full day and just put Bennett to bed and I am not drooping like I usually am. I am so lucky! And I have three more days until chemo to enjoy the energy. Tomorrow we are going to see Theo's amazing work at her studio at Cottage St. in Easthampton. Don't miss the open studios - the work is always incredible. They are open on Sunday too.

Today I got my first haircut in a long time. Well, since Pat shaved my head at the beginning of summer. But this was a real haircut - to make my hair shorter and give it a little style. As much style as you can give 1/2" long hair. I do have a little anxiety about having my hair grow back in. Last time that happened it meant that the drugs stopped working. I will know more when I get the scan results on Tuesday. The funny thing is, though I have some anxiety, I am not that worried. Based on what the docs have said, it seems to be working. And if not, we will find a clinical trial. There is a tiny part of me that just wants to be given the option to not be on chemo anymore. Ah, thinking about it, I have that option every two weeks. And every two weeks, I make the choice to have chemo. So there the answer, I guess. And I bet when these drugs stop working (which I hope will be a long time from now), I will not be so blase about it.

So, I have tonight to be happily not tired, and tomorrow's activities to look forward to. What luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment