Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Not So Fast

Well, my insurance company denied the approval and now will not pay for the appointments. I know! It's like something from an article in a magazine on insurance baddies. Those m-er f-ers said they made a mistake and the approval was for a different patient and that they will not pay. I don't know any other way to put it. I cannot wait to apply to get a different insurance company. The guy I spoke with for more than a half an hour was nice but totally powerless to do anything. It was just about one of the most frustrating half an hours in my life. So I am going to try to work with Dana Farber to appeal, but, as we know, the appeals process takes 180 days. Let's hope I am still here.

That last sentence seems a little stark to me. But it's true - and really true for everyone since we don't ever know what might take us to the other side.

On a lighter note, I feel great. Pat and I got a lot of chores done today. We just had a great feast with Aunt Julie and, I think, Aunt Liz will appear later. It feels good to get lots done, cross things off the list, and just plain make our lives nicer and easier. This is the first year where we have our presents in order for people like Bennett's teachers and our fab cleaning lady. It feel nice to appreciate the people who work so hard for us.

I don't have much else to post. It will all work out. Both Pat and I have acupuncture tomorrow and that will be good for us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you are having to go through the health insurance nightmare. I hope DF is able to work magic for you. I think Jiff was there when she was going through her kidney cancer surgeries. She didn't have insurance and they helped her in unimaginable ways.

    ReplyDelete