Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Monday, December 12, 2011

Posting with More Gratitude

A little more. Not a lot, but I am getting there. I had a very nice day and took care of some scary business - calls to Dr B, calls about scans, I got a dentist's appt for tomorrow for my first teeth cleaning in over a year. I still have other calls to make tomorrow, but I think getting those things done helped. I also have my PET scan this Wednesday - I thought it was going to be in Jan. So, luckily Ruth could rearrange her schedule and keep up her scan-accompanying record.

My primary care physician called today. The one who missed the man's hand sized tumor in my abdomen at my check up 2 weeks before my colon perforated for the first time. She wanted to find out how I was doing. I said fine and got off the phone as fast I could. She asked how my son was doing. I didn't even correct her - I just don't have the willingness to do anything for her. I have been trying to forgive her, but it's hard. Super hard. So I hung up and called her evil devil's spawn. If Bennett wasn't around, it would have been something far more descriptive.

I had a great afternoon with Pat and Bennett. Bennett and I just spent a long time on the couch looking at funny things on the computer and cracking up. That is the most wonderful way for me to spend my moments- laughing with B and looking up to see Pat happy that we are having fun. She's a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment