Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Cancer Christmas

Oh, I am feeling very cynical about now. I have been having the hardest time getting into Christmas. I don't want or need anything, and it sort of seems dumb to get anything like clothes because I don't know how long I will be here. And I really have enough clothes. Though some people might be getting sick of all my orange shirts (me included). We got Pat scaffolding for Christmas and it has been in use for at least a few weeks. I think my big gift will be my $700 consult with the docs at DF. No that does not include labs or scans. I happen to know that the PET scan I am having tomorrow costs the insurance company more that $5k. Please let the out-of-network referral work for my consult.

I had to call back my PCP because while I was falling asleep last night I realized the she was writing a referral so I could see Dr. B NOT a referral for me to go to DF and see Dr. J-Mc. Dumb, dumb, dumb, and I couldn't sleep for worrying about it last night. So I called her this morning and she just laughed at her mistake and said she would fix it. I didn't really trust her to, so I called the referral department later in the day and they did exactly what I asked and what the folks at DF told me to do.

So while all this was going on, I got my teeth cleaned, and that is all I really did today. Like I said we are all really tired from being super stressed. I hope it goes away soon. Tomorrow is acupuncture and the PET scan. That seems like enough. I will tell you all about how a PET scan works tomorrow. It's pretty intense.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Ruth- maybe you can get one of the DF consulting docs to wear a big red bow and it will seem more like a Christmas present! I know that the best present would be for them to tell you they have some kickass clinical trial for you and I am hoping and praying for that with all my might.

    Hoping you get all this insurance stuff worked out soon, so that is one less worry. Also hoping mightily that the PET scan goes OK, in every sense of the word.

    And orange? You look good in orange!

    Sending you a big hug today--Sandy

    ReplyDelete