Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Bit of Scanxiety

Yes, it's true, I've been having a little bit of anxiety today about the scan. I don't really know why. I am pretty sure that Dr B is going to tell me the drugs are working and I'll have another scan in 6 more cycles (3 months). At least that is what I am hoping for. That and complete remission. Ah, wouldn't that be great?

The anxiety has made me very tired and lethargic. The only thing I really did today was go to the grocery store. I also made dinner with Pat tag teaming me while I took care of Bennett. If you call helping her write her letter taking care of her. It was a blast.

Bennett had a nice day with Aunties Liz and Julie. They got a tree and decorated it and she was pooped out. Fell asleep in about 3 minutes. So there are so many good things going on around me. So much love and wonder. I want to be there, with not even a tinge of anxiety. I suppose it's normal, and I have to remember that even if Dr B doesn't have the news I want to hear, I am not going to drop down dead right there. For some reason that is hard for me to remember. Even after these drugs stop working, and the clinical trial stop working, I will not fall down dead. I will still be alive and living until that last breath. I can do that. And how.

No comments:

Post a Comment