Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Friday, December 9, 2011

An On Day

The fam last Christmas.

So I woke up this morning and decided I was not going to wallow like yesterday. I will allow for some wallowing, but it sure takes up a lot to time if you keep doing it. And time is not some I have in excess.

So I took B to school and came home to work on Mary's hat. I also made an appt for the car, which has been recalled for some part or another. I got bored knitting so I went to Osgood fabrics to get a little something for someone on my list. I had never been there, it was the size of a football field. The next time my sis-in-law comes to visit I am going to take her for sure. Now that I know what it has to offer.

Anyway, I picked up B from school. She is allowed to bring toys to school because she is such a good sharer. Today we packed up all the princesses and ponies, the map of their land and their castle. She walked into the classroom and all the kids were on her like bees to honey. When I picked her up, she had a little kingdom set up and Miss Erin said it was like that all day. Super cute.

Then we were lucky enough to have a play date with BFF Avy. It was great to see Sandy and catch up. It has been too long and it was great to talk about somethings other than cancer (though we did talk about it a little). I feel fine today. My body is very sore for some reason - like I've been working out. It may be that I am doing a little more than usual, but I don't know. It could be residual chemo working its way out. Whatever it is, it is very tiring.

Overall I would rate myself as OK today. Better than yesterday, for sure, but not super excellent. That is to achieved another day. Tomorrow, perhaps?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ruth,
    I just want that comments comment to read "1" instead of "0." Not too much to say, just saying shazaam about your beautiful photo and sending love your way. We are going to Wesleyan Potters tomorrow, as you know -- tell Bennett we will see her Sunday for the show!
    xxoo
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for starting on my hat. I had to wear my horrible grey one in bed the other day. I must either get a more attractive hat or sort the heating out in the bedroom.

    It's hard to know what to say about your diagnosis news except that we're all full of hope for your trip to DF in January and want to make sure that you do as many of the things on your list as possible.

    Love you lots. M xx

    ReplyDelete