Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Day in Newcastle

Another day sleeping in until 11, again I thought it was around 9. I am not acclimating to the time change at all. Oh well, at this point it might be a little late.

Today we all bundled into the car and went to the actual New Castle. It's right in the middle of Newcastle and it was beautiful. We all walked up to the top of the tower and looked out over the city. It was a beautiful but windy day. I was pretty proud of myself for walking all the way up the stairs to the top. I had to rest in the middle, but that's okay.

After we went the castle, we went to see the four winners of the Turner Prize. That is Britain's most prestigious award for artists under 50. The show was infuriating in it's lack of craft. I didn't expect much, really, but I didn't expect that level of crappiness. I am still glad I went. The museum is housed in an old grain mill and is very beautiful. Bennett had a blast with Anna and her BFF Christina. All in all it was a nice time.

Mary is making dinner, Pat is reading a book, Bennett is snuggling with Anna in the living room and I am free to do as I please. I actually got hungry today. A rare event when I am around Mary, who is a tremendous cook.  Tomorrow we have a whole day planned. I am not sure what's happening, but all are required to attend. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh . . . I won't tell Avy about Bennett's new BFF across the pond! Glad to hear you are having lots of fun and eating great food. It is very windy here today, too.

    Miss you guys!

    Love-Sandy

    ReplyDelete