Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

Flying is amazing. One minute you are in England and the next you're in your own home, so grateful for all the familiar things that make life easy and sweet. We had a great time in England. Mary and John were great hosts, and Alex gave up his room for us. And Anna gave up her room for Alex. Everyone was generous. And I am so glad we stayed an extra day - we went for a lovely walk, had one of Mary's famous dinners, with apple crumble and clotted cream for dessert.

It was hard to say goodbye. I mean it. This was the first time where I felt like I was saying goodbye and maybe for good. I don't get to see John and Alex that much and I felt a deep pang of sorrow. It reminded me of that guy I met in the one support group meeting I went to - his thought every goodbye was Goodbye with a capital G. I don't want to be like that, but I also have to be realistic. If that is realistic, who am I to know.

So we are home. What a wonderful gift that trip was. I decided not to pay attention to anything tonight. No phone, no mail, no to do lists. Just being. Watching Bennett play with her Barbies and try to figure out what Barbies wear to bed. She is still working on that one. We might have to go pajama shopping tomorrow. Sitting next to Pat while she reads her new book on how to cultivate wild mushrooms. All the while wrapped up in the cozy orange blanket that Joanne sent when she found out the drugs stopped working. It's my hug blanket. It's lovely.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring. What time will we even wake up? I'll keep you posted - as always.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth,
    Glad you are home safe and sound. I texted you today to see if you had made it fine, but you can ignore it now that I've read your recent post.

    I was sad to read about saying good-bye. I hate good-byes. Especially the big ones.

    A scripture verse for you today from Matthew 11:28
    Jesus is talking:
    Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

    May you sense God's rest in the midst of all you are dealing with.

    I love you forever.
    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making a growing pile of your stuff - the Dora cup, your computer case, etc... Will post it when I'm done cleaning the house!

    I'm glad your trip home was uneventful.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back safe and sound. I can only imagine Pat's excitement with the idea of growing her own mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete