Fighting this beast like a warrior

Fighting this beast like a warrior

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tired, in a Good Way

Okay, I know I said that I wouldn't start a post with how tired I am, but, hey I am bushed. I had a great day, thank God, and I am tired from it. Not tired from being sick, not tired from chemo, tired from living life. What a blessing.

Today the best things I did today were hanging out with Bennett for about 25 minutes at school in the afternoon. Her teachers are so awesome and B spent the time making me playdoh cookies. All the kids were staring at me as I pretended to eat each cookie and at the end pretended I had a tummy ache. B got a little worried and whispered to me, do you have a tummy ache or is it pretend. I was super happy to report to her that I pretending. She see me sick way too much. I also had to tell her teacher that I have cancer - she didn't know. I was surprised, but it was good to tell her so that she knows that B is dealing with something big at home.

The other great time I had was a challenge Pat gave me - to make her a sausage, mushroom and leek stew. I have to say it came out great and reminded me that I am a really good off-the cuff-cook. I realized that I miss cooking and am planning on making some nice beany chili tomorrow.

That's about it. I am saying that I had a great day - did you?  I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice day-- so glad to hear that.

    Sorry we missed you today. Avy was at Dancetastic and I turned the cell phone off. anyway, maybe playground tomorrow if it's nice? I want to make that stew!

    ReplyDelete